Website Families & Schools Together, Inc.
Families & Schools Together, Inc. is a nonprofit agency whose mission is to disseminate FAST®, a powerful evidence-based parent engagement program developed by Professor of Social Work, Dr. Lynn McDonald. FAST promotes child well-being and academic achievement by increasing family engagement in school, decreasing parental and family conflict, and building social capital and connections among marginalized families and their school communities. Visit www.familiesandschools.org for more information.
We are currently hiring a full-time experienced Development Specialist to support the ambitious fundraising goals of the organization. This candidate will report to the Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships and will support the strategic objectives of the Development Team. Successful candidates will have prior experience with grant writing, ability to cultivate relationships with donors, and assist in executing fundraising campaigns.
Families & Schools Together is a small, growing operation with a team-oriented philosophy where each staff member handles a wide variety of responsibilities. This position is based in the FAST Office in Madison, WI. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will only contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements. No phone calls, please.
· Develop applications for funding and grant applications
· Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential funders
· Coordinate all aspects of grant administration including gift acknowledgement, preparation of grant reports, maintenance of records, track cultivation efforts and applications for funding
· Conduct research to identify new sources of corporate, foundation and grant support
· Support Development Team with outreach to funders and/or new strategic partnerships
· Prepare briefs/profiles on current and prospective donors
· Assist with researching platforms, implementing and executing fundraising campaigns
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 3+ years of grant writing and/or development experience
· Ability to complete assignments efficiently, set priorities, meet deadlines and work on several projects at once
· Proficiency with Salesforce CRM System preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficiency using MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills
*Families & Schools Together, Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.