The Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists in the provision of professional pharmacy services in GHC-SCW pharmacies. The Pharmacy Technician works under the general guidance and daily supervision of the Pharmacist and the Pharmacist – in – Charge.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner on a prepaid basis to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
· Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
· Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
· Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
· Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
· Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program is desirable.
2. Pharmacy experience is preferred.
3. Knowledge of or ability to learn email, calendar, word processing and database software programs. Previous experience with computers preferred.
4. Ability to use or learn to use computers for order entry, inventory control, billing and record keeping.
5. Knowledge of basic math and algebra. Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with patients and clinical staff is required.
7. Ability to work with a diverse patient population. Excellent customer service skills.
8. Ability to pay close attention to detail and problem solve.
9. Ability to successfully interact with other pharmacy staff is required.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality is required. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ghcscw.com/careers →