This position provides financial leadership and support (including financial analysis, budgeting, operational review, financial education, and program development) to the Chief Nursing and Clinical Operations Officer, Clinic Managers and PCS management staff. The position serves as a liaison between Patient Care Services and the Finance Department, providing financial analysis, coordination, budgeting, productivity monitoring, and program development on related issues/topics to Patient Care Services. The incumbent assumes a leadership role in the development and implementation of patient care related financial systems which includes the coordination and support of FTE, capital, revenue, and expense budgets in patient care areas. The position provides leadership in reporting and analysis of staffing effectiveness and comparative benchmarking and provides leadership in the implementation and evaluation of productivity monitoring systems.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
· Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
· Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
· Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
· Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
· Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business/health care administration or finance is required.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of financial analysis, budgeting and accounting experience is required. Experience in healthcare, particularly in a primary care/specialty clinic is highly desirable and preferred. Experience in insurance is desirable.
3. Experience with analysis of Nursing and patient care staffing levels is highly desirable.
4. Understanding of budget and financial reporting processes. Experience with budgeting for patient care departments.
5. Experience with and understanding of reporting software is required. Experience with Epic and Crystal Reports is desirable. Ability to prepare financial reports/statements is required.
6. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and ability to use computer software programs and systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Ability to effectively review, analyze financial data, and make recommendations is required.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management is required.
8. Excellent customer service abilities. Ability to work with diverse populations. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
9. Ability to maintain patient, organizational and financial confidentiality is required. Ability to learn and/or knowledge of HIPAA requirements required.
10. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.