Are you an accomplished development professional looking for a unique opportunity?
This position offers a significant opportunity to someone who has a passion for the arts and has built a career in fundraising and development.
The Director of Development-Cornerstone & Corporate assists the VP of Advancement in the creation of an annual fundraising plan to develop, implement, and evaluate fundraising strategies to maximize revenue opportunities for Overture and value for corporate donors. Perform prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship related to fundraising from corporations, corporate foundations, and corporate leaders. In coordination with the VP of Advancement, develop a strategy to attract and maintain corporate sponsorship gifts.
The primary function of this position is to develop objectives, priorities and strategies for corporate, sponsorship and foundation development in collaboration with the VP of Advancement, VP of Marketing, Development Committee and other stakeholders.
• Manage portfolio of corporate, corporate foundation, and corporate leadership prospects and donors to advance them through the development process.
• Build on career portfolio of local prospects capable of major gift commitments.
• Maintain personal contact and relationships with corporate program officers and marketing executives.
• Develop and write proposals necessary to match needs/opportunities with interests and capabilities.
• Collaborate with Development Committee and Board on corporate and corporate foundation giving opportunities, assessing ongoing relationships, identify mutual opportunities and benefits and implement new initiatives to leverage additional support.
• Identify and research applicable prospects including corporate leaders who can commit to the Local Legends program – a $100,000+ challenge grant.
• Look for opportunities to discuss Planned Giving. Plan and conduct events and activities to build and maintain relationships effectively presenting the case for sponsorship and/or philanthropic support.
• Serve as key Development contact for Overture’s Frostiball. Directly responsible for the sponsorship plan, securing sponsors and achieving revenue goals.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising, preferably individual giving, including experience working with volunteer boards and committees.
• A commitment to fundraising for the arts, an interest in Overture Center programming, and the ability to articulate a compelling case for support.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and development software
• Possess and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills in order to work independently and in a multi-layered fast paced team environment. nan
• Ability to make compelling presentations.
• Must possess strong verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrate experience in soliciting individual gifts and increasing donor participation.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage people and projects effectively.
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.overture.org/lovewhatyoudo →