Website RISE (Formerly known as Community Partnerships)
RISE is an emerging leader in coordinated care and mental health service delivery in Dane County and the Greater Madison area. We embrace a strengths-based approach in partnering with others to address the mental health and wellness needs of our community. We value collaboration, learning, and growth. We encourage personal and professional growth in all positions in our agency and seek new talent that will continue to enrich and diversify our workplace perspective and our connection to the community.
The Family Service Worker (FSW) provides crisis intervention, short-term counseling and referrals, coordination and support, and performs intakes for new family/children accessing child care from Respite Center. The FSW provides oversight and guidance to child care scheduling activities, and serves as a liaison between Respite Center program staff and families, working to ensure that all families’ needs are met and their experience with Respite Center is helpful.
As with all positions at our agency, it is the duty of individual in this position to fully support the mission, vision and values of the agency, to work in a coordinated manner with other employees, and to demonstrate professional and personal confidence in the service delivery model and approaches taken by the organization.
The Family Service Worker is expected to respect people of all socioeconomic and racial/cultural backgrounds and be competent in performing all duties associated with this position. She or he must possess high levels of comfort, skill and respect in working with people of many different life experiences and beliefs. The FSW is required to express themselves clearly, compellingly, and honestly in written and verbal communications. She or he must be physically and emotionally prepared to meet the needs of the agency during working hours.
1. Process incoming calls, inquiries, and requests for child care.
2. Work in coordination with and provide guidance to Respite Center on-call staff regarding program practices, child care status, and general program and facility information.
3. Perform intakes for new families/children on a scheduled basis as well as an emergency basis.
4. Assess a family’s eligibility for services and level of need.
5. Provide referral and linkage to additional programs and/or resources
6. Schedule child care per the needs of the families, available space, staffing levels, and licensing regulations to assure that quality care is provided.
7. Maintain oversight of and guidance on child care scheduling activities, emerging themes, and potential obstacles or barriers to services.
8. Assist with creating the child care attendance schedule daily and distribute information to program staff scheduled to work each day.
9. Impart necessary information to child care staff and program staff to improve service delivery and care.
10. Provide consultation to child care staff to coordinate approaches and interventions for children and families
11. Maintain accurate and complete records and family/child information in program database and in paper files.
12. In collaboration with Respite Center staff, perform reminder contacts to scheduled families daily to decrease instances of no-show or last-minute cancellations for child care.
13. Communicate concerns, program trends, and potential system issues impacting Respite Center and their target population to the Program Supervisor.
14. Participate in consultations, including the discussion of clinical/cultural issues that may affect service provision.
15. Participate, as a representative of the Respite Center, in various committees and task forces related to the system of child and family services in Dane County.
16. Act as a resource to other agencies and community groups.
17. Coordinate services with other child and family agencies.
- Assist with data collection tasks and report preparation tasks specific to funding sources and requirements (such as the USDA Child Nutrition Program, contracts with Dane County and City of Madison)
- Assist with generating quarterly utilization report data as requested by Program Supervisor.
- Ensure that program participant files and paperwork follow licensing regulations.
- Attend and actively participate in program meetings and agency meetings.
- Follow RISE’s confidentiality guidelines to ensure program participant privacy.
- Follow RISE’s policies and procedures as cited in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as requested by the direct supervisor or agency director that enhance the overall agency operation.
- All additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field.
- Meet educational and work requirements of a child care teacher including: shaken baby syndrome prevention training, first aid, infant and child CPR, personal wellness check, and automated defibrillator use certification as approved by WI Department of Children and Families as well as any required certification as required in the future
- Prior experience working in a child and family serving organization
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals or families on issues related to mental health, community resources usage, case management and advocacy, and child welfare system experience
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with others from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Commitment to strength-based, recovery-focused, trauma-informed programming
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and willingness to learn new skills as needed or required
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Ability to pay attention to detail and a commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Bilingual in Spanish or other language as deemed necessary by program (in addition to English) as determined by ALTA test and within RISE’S acceptable ranges
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other closely related field
- Knowledge of Dane County’s community resources which benefit children and families
- Prior experience with crisis stabilization services
Ability to drive self and others via a vehicle
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle, with valid drivers’ license and insurance
As a required part of employment with RISE, the employee must preserve all rights and protections under the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 for the consumer population served by this agency; it is the obligation of the employee to ensure that private health information is protected and that disclosures are permitted only with appropriate authorization. The employee is required to comply with all Federal and State regulations as part of the organization’s HIPPA training which describes the policies and procedures for the agency.
The Family Service Worker is accountable to the Program Supervisor of the Respite Center.
Employment Status: Regular full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb, and drive. The functions of this position are varied in nature and require the ability to make clear and concise presentations and to respond in an effective and appropriate manner during crisis. The employee will likely be required to lift materials and children up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to communicate effectively via verbal, audible and written means.
Work Conditions/ Hours:
Heated and air conditioned open office/office environment. Noise level is usually low to moderate. Some travel by vehicle may be required at times. The employee may be requested to drive self and others via vehicle. Regular schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM, with some scheduling flexibility. May be required to work on weekends, depending on program participants’ needs and schedules. The employee may need to assist with supervision of children at times, which may include supervision outdoors on the playground.
Send completed application form, cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
1334 Dewey Court
Madison, WI 53703
Alternatively, fax to (608) 250-6637 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need technical assistance or an accommodation during the application/hiring process please email us at email@example.com or call (608) 250-6334.
- Application Form available at www.community-partnerships.org. Application packet must be complete to be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit your application as soon as possible for early consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
- Criminal background check is required for employment.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, access to reliable transportation, and automobile insurance are required.
RISE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. RISE offers equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruiting, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship insofar as it is within our control without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, income level or source of income, arrest record or conviction record, less than honorable discharge, gender identity, physical appearance, political beliefs, student status, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The information written in this job description indicates the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as totally comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this position. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other duties not listed in the description. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship. RISE retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org