Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County (BGCDC) and Madison Area Builders Association will host a press conference on Tuesday as they break ground on its new regional youth workforce center, BGCDC announced today.
This center will include a skilled trades training center offering young people training and job placement in careers such as plumbing, construction, and more. The mid-level will be the entrepreneurship center, educating youth about life skills, marketing, finance, and other business skills needed to run and start a business, according to BGCDC. It will also be the new home of the corporate offices of BGCDC.
The groundbreaking will take place Tuesday, July 13, 3 p.m., at 5225 Verona Rd. Speakers will include:
- Michael Johnson, President & CEO of Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County
- John McKenzie, Owner of McKenzie Apartment Company
- Chad Lawler, Executive Director of Madison Area Builders Association
- Aaron Richardson, Mayor of Fitchburg
- Jeff Amy, President’s Office of Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Jerry Howard, President & CEO of National Association of Home Builders
- Amy Pechacek, Secretary-designee of Wisconsin Department of Workforce
The building is being purchased and donated to BGCDC by John McKenzie and family. So far, BGCDC has raised $8 million out of its $17 million goal.