Here are our most popular stories of the week, brought to you by Madison School Community Recreation. Registration for summer programming opens March 16!
For the first time ever, we published our list of the 38 most influential Native American leaders.
On this week’s Real Talk, Henry sat down with Urban Triage founder and community activist Brandi Grayson.
The coronavirus pandemic is having profound impacts around Wisconsin, including:
- All schools in Wisconsin closing as of March 18
- All spring WIAA sports being cancelled
- The Wisconsin Film Festival being canceled
- The Forward Madison season being delayed two weeks
- Wisconsin Golden Gloves being postponed
- The Shamrock Shuffle being postponed
- The Solomon Carter Fuller brunch being postponed
Forward Madison added defender Gustavo Fernandes.
Incoming Madison Metropolitan School District Superintendent Matthew Gutiérrez visited the community.
The second annual LGBTQ+ Health Summit is set for April 17.
Speakers at the Girls Inc celebration of International Women’s Day offered inspiration for girls in Dane County.
Madison Alder Samba Baldeh announced that he’s running for State Assembly.
AFRICAide hosted its seventh annual celebration of International Women’s Day.
Keep watching Madison365.org and our Facebook page for the latest news from Madison’s communities of color. And don’t forget we’re a nonprofit, free-access news and information source, so if you’re able, donate today!