The River Food Pantry has been closely monitoring growing concerns in Madison and Dane County regarding COVID-19 and as of today, March 12, they have announced the following will take effect until further notice:
- The River is ceasing hot meals and clothing distribution.
- The River will be halting our Senior distribution session on Wednesdays from 11:00am– 1:45pm.
- The River will be limiting shoppers inside The River to 25 at a time. We encourage our clients to limit shopping to the Head of Household or one family member only.
- All volunteer groups will be cancelled, and there will be revised volunteer opportunities available.
- The River will not be providing rides on Friday market sessions. We will offer MUNCH on Friday market sessions.
- Market hours on Tuesday and Thursday are now extended to 10:00am- 5:00pm.
- Market hours on Friday are extended to 2:00pm-7:00pm.
- The River will no longer be accepting donations of clothing or housewares. We still welcome food and hygiene product donations.
- The River’s annual Breakfast with the Bunny event on April 4 now cancelled.
- The River’s fifth annual Feed the Need event on March 29 is being postponed. Further details and a later date to be provided.
- The River’s upcoming volunteer appreciation event on April 8 is being postponed. Further details and a later date to be provided.
The health and safety of everyone who comes through our doors is our number one concern, the River Food Pantry said in a press release, and they are taking all precautions necessary to keep our clients, volunteers and staff safe until further notice.
Questions or concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-442-8815.