The Madison Metropolitan Chapter of The Links, Incorporated (Madison Links) has announced that it will host its Annual Scholarship and Community Recognition Brunch on Saturday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 4402 East Washington Avenue.
“The Jazz Brunch serves as the primary fundraiser that has allowed us to provide more than $190,000 in scholarships to deserving students at our Student Recognition Program, which recognizes over 1,200 students annually,” said Mary Rose, President of Madison Links, in a statement.
The theme for this year is “Diamonds, Emeralds and Pearls” to commemorate the events 10th anniversary of bringing the community together to raise scholarship funds for area students and chapter programming, while honoring individuals and organizations that contribute richly to our community.
“We are not only raising funds to support the educational pursuit of students in the community, but we will recognize six honorees that truly distinguish themselves as champions for causes in areas that significantly impact our community,” says Karen Moser, Co-Chair of the Madison Links Fundraising Committee, in a press release.The event boasts an afternoon that features a hearty brunch, live jazz music performed by the Mike Malone Jazz Quartet, an amazing silent auction, and an opportunity for our guests to network while investing in the future of our youth.
The list of honorees that will be celebrated at the event includes:
• Rev. Dr. Marcus Allen, Pastor at Mt. Zion Baptist Church and President of the African American Council of Churches;
• Damond Boatwright, Regional President of Operations and Chair of the Hospital Board at SSM Health Care of Wisconsin;
• Dr. Jack E. Daniels, III, President of Madison College;
• Lilada Gee, founder of Lilada’s Living Room;
• Renee Moe, President and Chief Executive Officer of United Way of Dane County; and
• The Beacon, which services some of Madison’s most vulnerable residents.
Tickets for the Jazz Brunch are $60 each, or $480 for a table of eight and may be purchased at www.madisonlinks.org or through contacting email@example.com.