Nominations are currently being sought for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s 2019-2020 Outstanding Women of Color Awards, which acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students and in the greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
Nominations must include the following:
- A letter of nomination (2-3 pages max)
- Two additional letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member) (2 -3 pages each)
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent photo of the nominee, if available.
A selection committee comprised of students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards. Please submit the online nomination form and upload materials here by Friday, September 20.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2019 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Tuesday, Nov. 5. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Thursday, March 5, 2020, in the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St., hosted by the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.