Longtime workforce development leader Dr. Sabrina Robins will lead a panel discussion titled “Filling in the Gaps: How Workforce Development is Preparing the Essential Workers of the Future” on Monday, October 19, the first day of the 2022 Wisconsin Leadership Summit.
Registration is open now at WisconsinLeadershipSummit.com.
Dr. Sabrina Robins currently serves as the Chief Operations Officer and Integrator for Abaxent LLC, a business-to-business process, workforce, and technology solutions firm. In this role, she oversees operations, sales, delivery, and administration. Before her work with Abaxent, Dr. Robins was a leader at ManpowerGroup Solutions for 15 years.
In addition to her long-standing career as a business leader in corporate America, Dr. Robins is an award-winning diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging advocate. She is an African American Icon of Wisconsin Hidden Histories. She was the winner of the inaugural 2019 NCMSDC Advocate of the Year, an award given to an individual who has continuously and consistently contributed to minority business development. In 2021, Dr. Robins was a TEDx speaker, “Building Back Better,”; the need for a more inclusive workforce and workplace practices to create varied job pathways for our community’s “Near Workforce Ready” segment as a means of reducing poverty and putting more people to work.
Joining Sabrina on the panel are:
- Seth Lentz, CEO, Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin
- Jessica Franco-Morales, Talent Outreach and Development Manager, Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Daniel Brown, Executive Manager, Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison
- Chris Hess, President and Chief Executive Officer, Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin
- Baltazar de Anda Santana, Co-founder and Executive Director, Latino Academy of Workforce Development
The Wisconsin Leadership Summit is the state’s premier professional development, networking and community-building event for people of color. It will take place October 10 and 11 at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club. Registration is open now at WisconsinLeadershipSummit.com.