Fitchburg alder and longtime community leader Joe Maldonado will moderate a panel titled “Going through the Motions: How to Effectively Move DEI from Performative to Transformative” on Monday, October 10, the first day of the Wisconsin Leadership Summit presented by UW Credit Union.
Registration is open now at WisconsinLeadershipSummit.com.
Maldonado is the Director of Community and Youth Development for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Extension. He also serves as a member of the Fitchburg Common Council, representing one of the most racially diverse aldermanic districts in Dane County. He has extensive experience in youth development, working directly with youth and young adults, grant making, and higher education instruction. Joe is a husband and father of a 15-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter.
Joining him on the panel are:
- Adam Jackson, Antiracist Lead at Humana in Green Bay
- Tyler Whipple, Vice President, Customer Insights, Analytics & Technology at American Family Insurance
- Damira Grady, Vice President of Equity and Inclusion at Madison College
- Sae Yang, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator at the Neenah Joint School District
- Sheila Milton, Vice President of DEI and Community Engagement at UW Credit Union
The Wisconsin Leadership Summit is the state’s premier professional development, networking and community-building event for people of color. It will take place October 10 and 11 at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club.