The killing of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer has sparked outrage across the nation. It led to four police officers to being fired and has many calling for criminal charges.
Yesterday, Boys and Girls Club of Dane County CEO Michael Johnson called on all police chiefs in Dane County to condemn the killing and speak out against police brutality.
In response, several local chiefs of police and community leaders will join a video town hall meeting on Thursday, May 28 at 10:30 am.
The meeting will be hosted by Johnson and the discussion moderated by Madison365 publisher Henry Sanders. It will be broadcast live on the Madison365 Facebook page.
Participants will include:
- UW Police Chief Kristen Roman
- Madison Interim Police Chief Vic Wahl
- Sun Prairie Police Chief Mike Steffes
- Middleton Police Chief Troy Hellenbrand
- Fitchburg Police Chief Chad Brecklin
- Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney
- Nehemiah Center Re-entry Services Director Anthony Cooper
- Mount Zion Baptist Church Pastor Marcus Allen
The public will be able to weigh in and ask questions via Facebook comments.