The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the daily financial operations for GHC-SCW. The incumbent is responsible for improving operating efficiencies, elimination of waste, and the improvement of work flows in collaboration with other members of the GHC-SCW team to improve financial performance. The Director of Finance provides financial leadership, direction, coordination, and guidance within the Finance Department and serves as a key resource to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Director of Finance is responsible for carrying out, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the cooperative’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records and is responsible for the direction and management of general accounting, cost accounting, treasury and investments, budgeting and forecasting, operational accounting, accounts payable, development of internal controls, segregation of duties, premium revenue and reconciliation, and regulatory functions including reporting and filing. In addition, the incumbent provides leadership and training to staff, maintains departmental policies and procedures, participates in finance department meetings, conducts regular staff meetings and attends other meetings as appropriate.
Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner on a prepaid basis to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
· Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
· Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
· Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
· Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
· Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business/health care administration or finance is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
2. Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of financial analysis, budgeting and accounting experience is required. Experience in healthcare, particularly in a primary care/specialty clinic is highly desirable and preferred. Experience in insurance is desirable. Candidates with a CPA certification are preferred.
3. Supervisory and management experience is required. Ability to provide leadership to staff, manage conflict, and build teams.
4. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles. Understanding of budget and financial reporting processes.
5. Experience with and understanding of general ledger accounting systems, including reporting software is required. Acumatica related experience and/or Adaptive Insights software related expertise is a plus. Ability to prepare financial reports/statements is required.
6. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and ability to use computer software programs and systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Ability to effectively review, analyze financial data, and make recommendations is required.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management is required.
8. Knowledge of management and supervision of personnel. Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling of work assignments; evaluating performance; and mentoring and coaching employees is required.
9. Excellent customer service abilities. Ability to work with diverse populations. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
10. Ability to maintain patient, organizational and financial confidentiality is required. Ability to learn and/or knowledge of HIPAA requirements required.
11. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
12. Ability to work on multiple tasks and the ability to prioritize are required.
13. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present findings to management and others are required.
14. Ability to analyze, write, calculate, plan, explain, and investigate is required.
15. Ability to sit at a desk for 80 percent of the day is required.
16. Ability to move, reach and handle various binders and/or other documentation is required.
17. Ability to work with fingers for various manipulation activities on a regular basis is required.
18. Visual acuity for review of various work forms and reports is required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ghcscw.com/careers →