Blacks for Political and Social Action of Dane County, Incorporated (BPSADC), an organization committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, equity and justice in sectors that adversely impact African Americans and other similarly affected groups in Dane County, Wisconsin and beyond, has announced a series of endorsements in this week’s local elections.
The organization endorses:
- Mrs. Deborah Biddle, At-Large Seat, Verona Area School Board
- Maia Pearson, Seat 6, Board of Education, Madison Metropolitan School District
- Wayne Strong, Seat 7, Board of Education, Madison Metropolitan School District
- Shelia Stubbs, District 23, Dane County Board of Supervisors
- Anthony Gray, District 14, Dane County Board of Supervisors
Joseph Maldonado, District 1, Fitchburg City Council
“We petition all candidates and public officials to advance the cause of ‘the least of these…’ as a high priority, and we encourage all eligible citizens to exercise their hard-earned right to vote in every election,” the group wrote in a statement. “‘Give Us The Ballot,’ Dr. King spoke bluntly.”
The endorsement announcement is signed by BPSA President Rev. David Hart and Vice President Kirbie Mack.