La Movida 1480AM/94.5FM and Mid-West Family Madison will celebrate the achievements and contributions of the Madison-area Latino community on Monday, Oct. 16, at the 13th annual Hispanic Heritage Luncheon Celebration at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in downtown Madison.
Every autumn, La Movida celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with a luncheon that includes food, speeches, entertainment and awards. This year’s keynote speaker will be U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, who represents the Madison area in the 2nd Congressional District.
Community leaders and representatives of local Latino and non-Latino institutions that are expected to attend as special guests, according to La Movida Radio, will include City of Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway; City of Fitchburg Mayor Julia Arata Fratta; and Deputy Consul Karina Blas Rodriguez, the Mexico Consulate of Milwaukee. There will also be special remarks made at the luncheon by Dane County Executive Joe Parisi.
The following leaders and entities will be recognized by La Movida 1480AM/94.5FM and Mid-West Family Madison during the Hispanic Heritage Month for their contributions in the greater Madison area including:
- Community Institution of the Year: Latino Children and Families Council
- Community Leader of the Year: Alfonso Morales, Chief of Police for the City of Fitchburg
- Hispanic Achievement of the Year: Mathias Lemos Castillo, Latino Professional Association board chair
- The Amigo Award: Satya Rhodes-Conway, Mayor of Madison
- Hispanic Entrepreneur of the Year: Francisco and Lid Tejeda, owners of La Hispana Grocery
- Believe and Succeed Award: Margarita Avila, director of workforce development
for the Latino Academy of Workforce Development
- Making a Difference Award: Antonio Quintanilla, food pantry & services coordinator at the Catholic Multicultural Center
WLMV – La Movida 1480AM/94.5FM will be broadcasting special programming during Latino Heritage Month (Sept. 15-Oct. 15) which will feature local Latino personalities and community leaders.
RSVP here for the Hispanic Heritage Luncheon by Friday, Oct. 6. Space is limited.
For more information about this event, contact Lupita Montoto at (608) 441-3768 or [email protected].